How Small Businesses Can Utilise SEO – Our Guide
The digital market is unpredictable, and it’s hard to know what you’re going to expect the next day. It can be overwhelming, especially for small businesses, to keep up with the trend and understand how online users consume. However, if you want to make your business visible, you should learn how to navigate online and come up with new strategies and intense market research.
One tip to get your business in front of more potential customers is to understand the nature of search engine optimisation (SEO). Although, that’s not something anyone can quickly get into.
So, to help you with that, here are a quick guide on how small businesses can use SEO:
1. Craft a User-Friendly Website
Before you get crazy in stuffing your website with keywords, start building a good and effective website first for your small business. Casual visitors have a higher chance of turning into customers when they have a good experience browsing your site, which means an increase in sales on your part.
Here are basic qualities a user-friendly website should have:
- Responsive: An aesthetically pleasing layout can attract visitors, but more than that, a responsive design can keep them on-site for longer. When people keep visiting your website, you will get a higher retention rate, which leads to an improved site ranking. Remember to design a page that visitors will love and enjoy exploring.
- Easy to navigate: If you want to keep your visitors, go for the design with simple website architecture. Navigation is easy if your site is well-organised and straightforward. Avoid creating multiple unnecessary pages on your website where your visitors will likely get lost. For beginners, it is recommended that you consult with a top digital marketing agency to help with your website UI/UX as well.
- Fast loading speed: No users will want to wait longer than it is needed just to get your service. If visitors keep leaving your site because of the long loading time, all your SEO efforts will go to waste. A well-optimised website should load within three seconds.
Another tip if you want to make your small business visible on the internet is to register it in Google My Business. In that way, when people search your business name in the search engine, you can easily direct them to your official website, generating more leads.
2. Incorporate Keywords in Your Website Content
SEO is a process of generating traffic to your website. To make your business visible in the digital market, you need to know what people are specifically searching for online. Do in-depth keyword research about your field and include these in your content. Make sure to incorporate it as well in headers and web-page titles for better results.
If you know that keyword searching is not something you can do on your own, don’t worry because you can easily consult an SEO service agency to assist you with this.
3. Engage with Your Customers
Engaging with your customers is not always about hotlines, PR emails, and social media promotions. In this age and trend of search engine optimisation, small and growing businesses connect with their customers by producing content to introduce their products or services, of course, with the help of appropriate keywords. The goal here is to earn your customers’ trust by providing them with the right information. “Content is King,” as they say, so make sure that your content is reliable, informative, plagiarism-free, and engaging.
The competition in the digital market for businesses is always high and changing. Make sure to follow the trend to attract and keep your customers close.
If you own a small business, and you’re looking for a digital marketing agency in Berwick, Melbourne, to help you, contact us! We’ll help you crush your competitors in the SEO game.